Thai Style Mussels
Thai Style Mussels is a culinary masterpiece that showcases the vibrant and aromatic flavours of Thai cuisine, providing a tantalizing twist to the classic mussel dish. This flavourful creation marries the brininess of fresh mussels with a harmonious blend of Thai herbs and spices, resulting in a dish that is both exotic and comforting.
- 2kg Black Mussels, scrubbed and bearded
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce or oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 400ml can coconut milk
- 1⁄2 cup coriander leaves or basil leaves
- 1 fresh red chilli, finely chopped
- In a spacious pan, heat vegetable oil, then add onions and garlic, allowing them to gently cook over medium heat for 1-2 minutes until softened. Stir in the curry paste, letting it sizzle for about half a minute to enhance its flavour.
- Pour in coconut milk, add brown sugar and fish sauce, giving the mixture a thorough stir. Add the mussels and bring the concoction to a boil.
- Allow the mussels to cook for 2-3 minutes or until they open up. Garnish the mussels with chillies and coriander before serving alongside steamed rice.