Greek Style Octopus
Don't miss out on this culinary delight! Grilled octopus stands as a top choice among Greek mezes or appetizers, and the sight of octopus drying in the sun is a classic Greek panorama
Give it a try now and savour the authentic flavours of Greece in every mouthful!
- 1kg clean octopus
- 1 cup red wine
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- Juice of a lemon
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- Black pepper, ground
- Salt, to taste
- Begin the culinary journey by gently placing the octopus into a saucepan filled with red wine, red wine vinegar, and enough water to submerge it completely. Let this exquisite combination simmer slowly for an hour or until the octopus achieves a desirable tenderness. Once done, remove the saucepan from the heat and allow the octopus to gracefully cool in the flavorful liquid before skillfully cutting it into delectable pieces.
- Next, orchestrate a tantalizing marinade by combining the ingredients in a bowl. Elevate the flavor profile by reserving 2-3 tablespoons of the cooking liquid from the octopus and incorporating it into the marinade mix. Immerse the octopus in this flavorful bath, ensuring each piece is generously coated, and then let it marinate in the refrigerator for a luxurious 1-2 hours or, for a deeper infusion of flavors, overnight.
- Take the indulgence to new heights by grilling the marinated octopus on a hot BBQ grill or a heated fry pan for 3-4 minutes, turning it frequently to achieve a perfect sear and infusion of flavors.
- Finally, present this culinary masterpiece by serving the succulent octopus alongside a refreshing Greek salad and a wedge of lemon. The result is a symphony of taste and texture that will leave your senses thoroughly satisfied.