Article: Blue-eye cod & Basil Vinaigrette on Potatoes Fritters
Blue-eye cod & Basil Vinaigrette on Potatoes Fritters
- 4 Blue-eye Trevalla fillet portions (Snapper, Kingfish or Barramundi)
- 4 large peeled potatoes
- Vegetable oil for cooking
- Green salad leaves
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- ½ cup of basil leaves, finely chopped
- ½ clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons of white wine vinegar or lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Combine basil, garlic, vinegar and olive oil in a small bowl and set aside.
- Grate potatoes, then immediately place in a clean table cloth and squeeze out as much moisture as possible.
- Shape grated potatoes into small disk shapes and pan fry on medium-high heat until golden brown. Drain on paper towel and set aside.
- Pan fry or grill the blue eye cod fish on a medium high heat for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Serve the blue eye cod fillets with basil vinaigrette on potato fritters with green salad leaves.
Cod fillets have a moist meat that turns crystal white when cooked. It is low in fat and high in vitamins A and D and Omega-3 fatty acids. Order now your Cod fillets and get delivered to your door in Sydney.
This is a recipe from Master Fish Merchants' Association of Australia